Friday, May 29, 2009

Pink in Adelaide

Just a short post as I remembered I hadn't mentioned our night out on Wednesday - too tired to write about it the next day! We - that is, DD and me - went to see Pink on the second night of her trip to Adelaide. She was awesome! How she did that show two nights in a row I will never know: she must have been exhausted, and even more amazing, how did she walk - let alone run and dance - in heels that high??!!

From the minute she rose up out of the stage on a suspended trapeze-type thing, to the end when she was again on the trapeze, spinning at great speed, being dipped into a tank of water, and singing all the time, the show was absolutely spectacular. She's back in August, and a friend who was with us on Wednesday has already booked her tickets to go and see the show again. If tickets didn't cost something like $130 each, I'd be tempted myself!


Everything was so well done - the dancers and the band were amazing, the acrobatics outstanding, and the stage set stunning!

The cover versions she did of Bohemian Rhapsody and "I Touch Myself" were brilliant - I really need to know where she bought her sofa from! But the absolute best for me had to be Family Portrait - the pianist was fantastic, and the song was incredibly powerful. I've run out of superlatives now though so here's some pictures DD took at her first experience of a "real" concert!






No comments:

Post a Comment