Thursday, July 9, 2009

Struggling to support the Aussies

Look, I've been here nearly five years now, was born in Australia and am the proud holder of an aussie passport.....but however hard I try, I can't bring myself to support the Australian cricket team! I'm sorry, I've tried, really I have....

It's made harder by the fact that Ricky Ponting - the Australian captain - seems incapable of doing the correct things with his mouth! He talks with it barely open, can't keep it shut when he's chewing, and as for the dribble that comes out of it....or do I mean drivel?...!!! Every time the camera panned onto him at Cardiff yesterday, he was chewing his gum with his mouth agape - made me feel quite ill - and then he spat it out on the floor! What a yob!

Give me Pieterson and Collinwood any day - at least their mothers taught them some manners!

And what's the idea of holding the first test at Cardiff? Did the English (English, you note, not British) team decide the home team advantage didn't apply to them? And isn't God Save The Queen the national anthem of Great Britain? What's the idea of some chesty welsh bird singing the "Welsh National Anthem" before either of the others?? Just hope the Barmy Army are suitably represented in the crowd.....

What with the Torchwood special and the Ashes both being in Cardiff, I must have missed the point when it was declared centre of the universe! Silly me....

No comments:

Post a Comment