Monday, August 10, 2009

Beware the Magpies!

Noticed a few magpies collecting grass for nests today, so it won't be long before they turn into Birds to Beware!

When they're nesting, these huge black and white birds, with wicked-looking beaks, turn into ferocious agressive missiles, dive-bombing unsuspecting walkers, cyclists - they even attack the dog! Many's the time when I've been very glad to be carrying the ball-thrower in my hand, as something to wave at them when they swoop threateningly towards me.

You have been warned.....!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I still think putting poison out for the birds is a good idea. Hate them all, as they wake me up at about 5am every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a really annoying one that sits outside our bedroom window early in the morning and has learnt to impersonate the sound of my alarm clock...grrrrrrr!! And what about the ridiculous ones (magpies included) that seem to sing or squawk all night long??? Not to mention the owl that sounds like a cuckoo...

    ReplyDelete