Thursday, June 25, 2009

Girls Night Out

Great girls' night out at the Golden Grove Tavern last night - for the first time we weren't the last to leave either - which either means we're slacking, or we've managed to drag some of the locals down to our level!!

Nice to meet some old friends, as well as some new ones. I really enjoy getting the views of Adelaide through a newcomer's eyes, kind of helps to remind me of what's so special about this place. Got to get cracking now on organising some ideas for a winery trip at the start of August to the Barossa! Hello to any of my fellow drinkers from last night who might be reading this, and don't forget to let me know your favoured date (between 2nd and 9th August) and any favourite wineries to visit - we need to find a nice place that does great lunch platters, then we can plan the rest of the stops around that!

Back to work today and the office is planning a 4th July American Independence Day morning tea next Friday - hot dogs and doughnuts - and there's a poster up for a Bastille Day dinner on 14th July. Why is England the only country in the world that doesn't seem to celebrate any sort of National Day? It's a real loss I think: perhaps we should plan on having a British expats' party next year on 23rd April for St George's Day or something! In the meantime, I'm happy to celebrate every other country's milestones with them!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice of your work to celebrate those dates in other countries calendars! I'm thinking to do a bagel morning on the 3rd at my workplace:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Particularly nice of them to do it on a Friday too - I only work Thursdays and Fridays :-)

    ReplyDelete