Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Proper little housewife, me!

My solution to these cold winter mornings - a slice of homemade bread pudding and a nice cuppa for Morning Tea!

My favourite bread pudding recipe is adapted from a Delia Smith one - here - except I add lots of cherries, a few cranberries, then any other dried fruit I can find in my cupboards - this time I used some muscat wine instead of brandy to soak the fruit in as well (must have drunk all the brandy!)

To go with that of course you need a nice cup of tea, and that's where my latest craft masterpiece comes in - a "traditional, knitted tea cosy" to keep the pot warm. According to my husband, it's the only thing I've ever knitted that actually fits its intended wearer, and I guess the colours might not be to everyone's taste, but it was really easy, once i'd found some basic instructions here, and I'm now so inspired I might even make another one (in different colours, maybe!)

Final touch a nice tall mug to wrap your fingers around to keep warm, and you're sorted!

2 comments: